Being sick meant staying in all day, except to go find Bell's Seasoning to make stuffing for a turkey that will never be made. My brother made the most kick ass stuffing (sorry Mom) on Thanksgiving, and I felt the need to attempt to recreate it today. Yesterday I went out and bought the celery, onion, white bread and Bob Evans sausage, but he said the secret ingredient was Bell's Poultry Seasoning. Could I find it yesterday? Um. no. Could I find it today- yes! But it was Bell's Lemon Pepper seasoning- so I went with McCormick's poultry seasoning instead.
The smell of Thanksgiving was in my kitchen, but it was more of a Thanksgiving Lite feel because I didn't have the Bell's. Even after it was baked it *looked* like my brother's stuffing, but it definitely didn't have its flavor. But, for a first time attmepting to make it, I didn't do too bad. I will still eat it. I eventried to help it along by using my old standby seasoning- OLD BAY.
If you haven't tried Old Bay, do it. It makes everything taste better. Soups, chowders, chocolate- anything.
Mosh Goose brought over leftovers from his mom's Ohio Thanksgiving dinner. I have to admit- there was a sweet potato casserole that was pretty kick ass. Sweet, nutty, very dessert-esque. I'm so not about the sweet potatoes or yams, but this casserole was pretty rockin'.
If you have any Bell's seasoning left over and you want to send it to me, I'm all about charity. Muchas Gracias.
November 30, 2008
November 29, 2008
I love Target at Christmas. I went last night with Mosh Goose and today I went after my rehearsal. I got so much stuff that I needed, including:
- glittered snowflakes
- 2 MORE rolls of wrapping paper (up to 4 now)
- an Anakin Skywalker Modified Jedi Spaceship
- a baseball bat
- 4 robe boxes (even though I haven't bought a robe. Or 4.)
- kitty litter deodorizer (ok- that isn't too Christmas-y- but it does smell like pine!)
AND... the best of 'em all...
- Season 1 of Charmed (it was $8.98... SUE ME)
I'm still a bit hot for Alyssa Milano. Somehow I want to scream at her "WHO'S THE BOSS? WHO'S THE BOSS, BITCH?"
I am fully prepared to not be available for anything substantial in the next couple of months. I have warned Mosh Goose that I will be going to see as many movies as possible to prepare for The Oscars. I started months ago by being one of the only people in Buffalo to see Richard Jenkins' subtle yet amazing performance in The Visitor...
I have seen The Dark Knight (jumped on the bandwagon for a while, but I'm more interested to see if Robert Downey, Jr. will get the accolades he deserves for his performance in Tropic Thunder. I have also seen Rachel Getting Married, a strong contender for best movie, best actress (Anne Hathaway), best supporting actress (Rosemarie Dewitt and/or Debra Winger), best supporting actor (Bill Irwin), and dreamiest newcomer who has sex in a basement with an addict at her sister's rehearsal dinner (Mather Zickel).
This week I am preparing to see Synecdoche, NY and Australia . In the next few weeks comes Milk, Slumdog Millionaire, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
I have been playing Academy Idol over at The Oscar Igloo and have been stuying IMDB.com for all of the latest gossip, polls, interviews, everything.
Bottom line is I WILL be prepared this year to win the Oscar Pool. Take that, Doug.
OH! P.S.- I also saw The Boy In The Striped Pajamas. If you have seen it, let me know. I'd love to discuss it over getting some fillings at the dentist's office. I wonder what would be more numbing?
November 28, 2008
I need to thank BCA readers Zacki and Kelly for lighting a fire under my fat ass to get Beefy Cat Angus up and running again. I have taken a long hiatus from this little piece of the blogosphere, and I feel it is time to get back to doing what I do best- writing about nothing and everything at the same time.
In a nutshell, here are the last 6 months of my life:
- I wrote a musical and it's currently running (check out Musicalfare's Website). We close December 7th. I even gave Special Thanks to Beefy Cat Angus in the playbill (as well as Zacki- he helped me with my set! I love talented bloggers!)
- I found a good man. 3 months now, going very strong. He's on TV here in the B-lo, so I won't give out his name. (but it sounds like Mosh Goose).
- Dad is ok. He's still truckin' along, and although Parkinson's has beat him down with a very large proverbial stick, he's still not out. Mom's medical tests all came back negative. Yay for parental units!
- living with Semi-Goth is fine, even though I cannot put up any Christmas decorations. Damn agnostics. (If I offend any readers by saying that, so be it. She's sold me on the "All Agnostics hate Christmas" deal. She is into black and skulls, however. Maybe I'll put up a black tree with Danzig ornaments...
- my photography took up a lot of time in the summer. I love it love it love it.
- Beefy Cat Angus is doing well, although I think he hates me. No, seriously. I think he does. Mosh Goose got him all these toys and Angus is all happy when he comes over. Mosh'll play with him. Give him treats. Me? I just sit and hope he doesn't claw my furniture. And I throw him off my bed at 3 in the morning. I guess he has reason to hate me.
Anyhoo, I'm back. I've said it once and I'll say it again. I'm in rehearsals for my next gig already, but I am sure I'll have tales to tell of mean cats, happy dancers and all around fierceness.
I've missed all of you.